More than half of small business loans from the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) went to larger businesses, leaving small and minority-owned businesses to suffer through pandemic-related losses. Many have closed or temporarily closed. Thankfully, the Small Business Administration (SBA) has just launched a $28.6 billion relief initiative to help those businesses hardest hit by COVID keep their doors open: the Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF). This time around, businesses owned by women, veterans, and those defined as “socially and economically disadvantaged” are being considered priority applicants.
Who can apply?
The RRF provides emergency assistance for qualifying businesses impacted by COVID-19. Businesses include:
- Food stands, trucks or carts
- Bars, saloons, lounges and taverns
- Snack and beverage bars
- Brewpubs, tasting rooms, and taprooms
- Breweries and microbreweries
- Wineries and distilleries (onsite sales comprise at least 33% of totals)
Business owners can apply now; applications will continue to be accepted until funds run out and are considered in the order they’re received.
How much are businesses eligible for?
Businesses are eligible to receive funding equal to their pandemic-related revenue loss up to $10 million per business and no more than $5 million per physical location. Because this is a grant, relief recipients are not required to repay the funds as long as they’re spent on eligible uses by a certain date.
Funds may be used for these business expenses:
- Payroll (including sick leave)
- Mortgage and rent payments
- Debt payments
- Maintenance costs
- Construction of outdoor seating
- Supplies (including cleaning materials and protective equipment)
- Food and beverage expenses
- Supplier costs
- Operating expenses
How do I apply and can I get help with applying?
You can apply online on the SBA’s Restaurant Relief Fund webpage. There are links to support documents and webinars to guide you through the process if you’d like to do it on your own. Or … Loan Mantra can walk you through the process. “Most small business owners haven’t had access to resources like a personal banker to turn to when they need help with funding, but now they can turn to us,” said Loan Mantra founder, Raj Tulshan.
Loan Mantra specializes in assisting small businesses with getting the funding they need, and we’re ready to help those in the restaurant industry qualify for pandemic relief. We provide:
- Direct connection to a Loan Mantra specialist who can answer questions and start your application process.
- Multi-lingual loan and financial specialists.
- Quick, easy, automated loan approval communication.
- Access to the website for financial highlights, insights, and updates in plain language.
Since Loan Mantra is experienced in working with small businesses, especially businesses owned by first-generation Americans, our team has worked with many minority business owners and we understand their specific concerns. We use the latest technology to streamline processes, and team members focus on providing personable, one-on-one assistance with planning long-term financial goals and building dreams for the future. No question is silly, no request is unreasonable, and we don’t mind explaining things more than once (or in more than one language).
Visit our website or call 1-855-700-BLUE (2583) for help with the RRF process.